We help you manage your immigration compliance to ensure that your business’ processes meet departmental requirements. This includes:
- a review of your company’s compliance against your sponsorship obligations and statutory notifications in respect to the company; and
- a random selection of your foreign employee population and reviewing each against:
- Employment contracts for immigration specific terms and advice regarding inclusion/removal of terms;
- Compliance with immigration specific employment terms;
- Appropriateness of nominated occupation against current role;
- Appropriateness of nominated occupation when assessed against PR options;
- Compliance with nomination including consistency of location, tasks and responsibilities; and
- Timeliness of statutory notifications and/or review of circumstances that might have required a notification.
Over the last decade, there has been a clamp-down on sponsorship compliance which has been felt by the Immigration advice industry, Australian companies and skilled foreign workers alike.
In line with this increased scrutiny, we have noticed a significant increase in the number of companies being audited by the Immigration Department, some of which have led to sanctions including fines.
It is increasingly important to ensure that your company is fully compliant with Australian Immigration laws and regulations and have the policies and procedures in place to identify and minimise your risk. As businesses become increasingly complex as a result of growth, structural change, digitalisation and technology, it becomes more difficult to monitor and eliminate this risk.