Gilton Valeo represents the merger of two boutique consulting practices, Gilton Business Consultants and Valeo Consulting Group.
Gilton Business Consultants was founded in 1982 by Mr John Milton Gillespie. The name Gilton is a combination of John’s surname Gillespie and his middle name Milton.
John was the inaugural National President of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) and was a lifetime member of the MIA and Australian Institute of Administrative Law.
Throughout John’s 30 year career in the immigration advice industry, he has held the following positions:
- Fellow of the Migration Institute of Australia
- NSW State President of Australian Migration Consultants Association, 1989-1991
- National President of Australian Migration Consultants Association, 1991
- National President of Migration Institute of Australia, 1992
- Member of Australian Institute of Administrative Law
- Member of the Australian Institute of Management
John was a Justice of the Peace, Fellow of the Migration Institute of Australia and a member of the Australian Institute of Administrative Law, the Chartered Management Institute (UK), Australian Institute of Management and St James Ethics Centre.
Sadly, John passed away on 14 November 2011. He is fondly remembered by colleagues, family and friends. In memory of his contributions to the industry and his friendship, we proudly continue trading under the name Gilton Valeo.